Saturday, July 28, 2012

First Tattoo

 I finally got my first tattoo today. I created a phoenix design about 4 years ago, but just hadn't gotten around to getting it inked on my body.

There is a lot of significance behind this tattoo. Phoenixes symbolize new life. During a really rough patch in my life, I used to cut myself. I still have a faint scar near my elbow crease. I placed the phoenix design right beside the scar so it looks like it's flying out it. Christ gave me new life. He gave me so much freedom in His everlasting love for me. Even when I make mistakes, I am forgiven and loved. I get a fresh start. My chains are gone; I've been set free. My God, my Savior, has ransomed me. And like a flood, His mercy rains. Unending love. Amazing grace.

I got the tattoo at Amber Island Tattoo in Easley. Jesse was the artist. I would HIGHLY recommend him. Jesse did a fantastic job, was a super nice guy, and was so professional. It was a perfect first experience.





No comments:

Post a Comment